CPW 2009 Calendar

August 8, 2009

Developing the Right Attitude in Working




I was thrilled when Aishah from UTP invite me to contribute to CPW blog. As I passed the busy traffic of Jakarta on my way to work, my mind keep wandering what shall be the topic.




It was after a brisk walk this afternoon when a topic pops into my mind. Hmmm..I would like to start on sharing my ideas on developing the right attitude with your career.




Take work as a worship (ibadah). Work life is like a garden for us to play where we can have fun in learning, improving ourself and in return getting a reward (pay check la kan). In return, work enable us to contribute to larger ground ( family, our love ones, community and nation). Work is like an instrument for us to become a better person. So, take all the work challange, problem faced with a non-performing collegues for example or tough inquiry from client and other forms of challenge as part of the learning process. At the end of the day what we want is to be a better person. ..career wise and personal wise.




3 comments:

  1. Dear Miss Sholihah,
    I always heard people said that "what u studied in university will not always applied in your career,the environment is so much different".

    Maybe u can share with us your opinion.
    After all,really looking forward for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shahnaz,
    Personally I have different view on that. To me, every single thing that I learnt in uni is applied in my career. It might not applied directly as applying what you learnt in Statics into Thermodynamics (of course Static not directly link with thermo). But its applied in such a way,where it helps in creating our thought or mindflow which add up to the problem solving skills. In career enviroment, our skill in creating solutions is what being tested. Hope this helps,Shahnaz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kak =)
    bile nk buat training psl finite element analysis agi kt utp?
    mai la agi kak

    ReplyDelete

 

Career Placement Week 2009